[Fot] Piston to head clearance

Andrew Devenish gt6racer at msn.com
Fri Jan 12 15:45:56 MST 2024

Interesting discussion. I think I read the optimal is to run as close to zero as possible, but to add a slight angle to the head surface, increasing gap in the direction of the chamber. I can see an issue with a very small flat squish, as the mass of air moving increases in that direction, so more area provided would be logical.
          I have normally run my gap at gasket thickness, ie zero deck, but I am just building a motor that will (maybe ?) run 8 thou proud.

Thank you,
      Andrew Devenish

Sent from my iPad