[Fot] Heads Up! Fire System Requirements for Kastner Cup

Anthony Parker solarant at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 21 13:28:46 MST 2024

"one of the nozzles be in the engine compartment"

My manual/automatic system states (correctly) that all (both) nozzles for the system should be in the driver's compartment and pointed at the driver.
They say install a separate system for the engine bay.
How do the rules address this?

"$750 I hadn't planned to spend but hard to be spicy about safety requirements."

Where does this kind of thinking end???
Someone will always be afraid of their own shadow.
It's a business' responsibility to make as much money from the customer as possible.
When we're "racing" at no more than 10 MPH and no closer than 100 yds, will that be safe enough?

"top notch safety equipment is a cheap investment for me"

Is it possible that a rational person could come to a different conclusion?
Is it correct to force one person to abide by the conclusions of another?
(Rhetorical questions pertinent to racing, aviation, and many other areas of life.)