[Fot] Happy Sails. The Kas Kastner Legacy

JOSEPH ALEXANDER n197tr4 at cs.com
Fri Sep 1 08:32:37 MDT 2023

FOT,

Kas had a significant on the Sailing Community. He was a National Champion in Single Handed Sailboats while racing off the coast of California.  He was in his 40s and his competition was mostly in their 20s.  But he was smarter.

Such was his influence, he was approached to be a  consulted on new designs, by Catalina, I believe. Someday, I hope to share some anecdotal information Kas’ Sailing Career. (If the FOT has anything to share, please submit to the group).

In the meantime, I am looking forward to Curt Johnson laying the keel on an informal group honoring Kas’ success in sailing.  I think it will be known as, “The Kastner Cup Sailing Society”. Stay tuned.