[Fot] Darn It!

Robert Lang robertlangtr6 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 10 14:30:52 MDT 2023

Doing a routine engine check on Sunday - found a problem with the intake valve on one cylinder. Pulled the head and valve - there's a burn mark on the back face of the intake valve. Lapped it and the seal surface looks good, did a temporary installation and leak-down check. No go, still getting roughly 40% leakdown past the intake.
Drat.
Spending time tonight trying to get the backup cylinder head prepped an installed.
I need to make a race weekend starting on FRI (racing FRI/SAT at Thompson.
On the one hand, I'm glad I found it - the engine sounded fine. But the leak-down test didn't lie. Glad I pulled it before I broke something. Hopefully, the head is salvageable.

Regards,Bob Lang