[Fot] A-type OD leaks

Joe Boruch jaboruch at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 16:57:02 MDT 2023

 Thanks to everyone's advice, I was able to separate the OD from the transmission, replace the adapter plate and get the OD back on.  The PO had already added the extra studs at the bottom, but I guess with the plate bent, those extra studs were not enough.  I got an upgraded (thicker near bottom) adapter plate from Quantum Mechanics, who had everything I needed in stock.  Apparently the plate that Moss sells is also upgraded, but their website showed it as out of stock.
After filling it with oil, I found a drip from the big brass plug, even though I put a new gasket there.  Added some Hylomar and cured that leak.  After it was back in the car for a few days, found a drip from where the rear housing splits.  Oh well, I'm not taking that apart.  Most of the leaking has stopped.
Thanks again for the advice.  JoeB