[Fot] Slave cylinder/master cylinder

Philip Gott vfracing at aol.com
Sun May 28 04:12:27 MDT 2023

That nasty black stuff that accumulates in the master cylinder is small bits of the rubber seals that get worn off during operation. The modern fluids are generally less lubrous than those of the time when these systems were designed.
One wise FOT-er put us into Motul 600 as a good high boiling point brake fluid that also has good lubrication qualities.
For clutches we use the Quartermaster Clutch Hydraulic Fluid. It is VERY slippery and dies the trick for clutch systems. Not intended for brakes, however.
Phil Gott

Sent from my iPhone