[Fot] Fully equipped machine shop for rent

McKearn McKearn mckearn2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 20:03:32 MDT 2023

Friends.
The shortage of machinists is as real as the shortages of everything else
lately and more,,
   I've been a tool and die maker for 35 years and am working as a mold
maker in a plastics company. I'm thinking 35 years is about enough.
In my opinion there is a very low level of appreciation for the skills that
a quality machinist has to have and the amount of diverse knowledge that is
needed to do "decent" (perfect) work.
  If I can be so bold to suggest that if you have an excellent machine shop
in mind, you should reach out to the guy actually making the chips.  Tell
him he's a lost breed and a valuable service and encourage him to stick it
out. Maybe even buy him an ice cream cone .
             P.J.