[Fot] Fuel system

Joe Boruch jaboruch at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 07:51:10 MST 2023

 My TR3 had braided fuel line running thru the inside of the car for many years, but when the old braided lines started springing leaks I decided to change to a copper-nickel line under the car, protected by frame rails.  SCCA allows braided line inside the car, but Champcar requires that braid be enclosed in a metal enclosure or conduit if inside the car.  I suspect that they had seen problems with leaks or fires from braid in the car. Most safety rules are written in blood.
Conversely, SCCA does not allow the copper-nickel line inside the car.  Must be steel line or steel braided hose.  I don't know the vintage rules to comment on those.  Joe(B)