[Fot] Hoosier radial slicks

Joe Boruch jaboruch at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 06:36:16 MDT 2023

 Chris, the A7s are DOT racing tires, not classified as a "slick" having very small tread grooves.  The A7s are the autocross version, with a softer compound than the R7s, which some racers use on the track, but they don't last as long as the R7s.
I am not familiar with the H25.5/13.75R15 R35B and don't see them listed in their catalog. Perhaps they are only available in Europe or have been discontinued?  There are some similar tires listed as slicks in the Vintage section of the Circuit racing tire list in the below link.  Looks like they are intended to fit a wide wheel, though the listing does not show them as radials.   The R35B is a soft compound.  Some racers would use the R35 compound (which has mostly been discontinued in the States) to turn some fast qualifying laps, but did not usually use them to race, since they would get too hot and get greasy in a race. JoeBhttps://www.hoosiertire.com/assets/Circuit58.pdf