[Fot] Roadster Factory Burned last night.

J Wagner 4msonset at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 12:40:32 MST 2023

If it’s a total loss….

special NLS factory tools
custom jigs and tooling
cores
patterns
machines, some likely unique
countless parts (from decades of buyouts of closing dealers and original suppliers, from custom manufactured runs, etc.)
CNC machines
Were computer files backed up offsite?
Talented staff that may not be able to return after a long hiatus.
etc. etc. etc.

My gut sadly suspects they won’t recover.

I remember buying parts from their first catalog. (in the late 70s?)  I even had a job offer from Paul Runyan around 1984ish that came a couple months after my inquiry when I was looking to leave California.  Having not heard back in so long, I had moved anyway, but I remained in the sunbelt.  (I returned to California in 1989.)

—Justin