[Fot] Surprised to see Bill Dentinger's trailer at Put in Bay Road Races

Styduhar, Daniel Lee unv at psu.edu
Mon Oct 3 14:08:20 MDT 2022

This year’s Put in Bay Road Races honored MG and Triumph. I pulled into my assigned paddock space,

turned the ignition key on my tow vehicle to the off position and looked out the driver’s side window.

I looked at the trailer parked one space beyond and thought I was in some kind of time warp. The signage

was weathered and also looked like some of it had been painted out, at least on this side of the trailer. I

read the signage “Beady Eye Vintage Triumph Racing Team”. There were some names of persons lettered in the

lower front corner. The top row read “Driver: Bill, grandpa, Dentinger”. I had met Bill fourteen years ago at Watkins

Glen. I was walking around with my mentor taking pictures of him with Triumph notables. The following day

I stopped over and talked to the young man working on the red Spitfire that was parked in front of the

Dentinger trailer. David said, as I recall, he is the third owner of the trailer. He said he has put new axles

under the trailer and has had the trailer gone over to ensure that it will be hauling his Spitfire for many

more miles and to many events to come.

YoursinTriumph