[Fot] ultra sonic cleaners

Alexandre Camoletti ac at camoletti.ch
Tue Nov 1 02:15:07 MDT 2022

Amico and Amici,

After some research I bought a few years ago a small CREST machine (must be one gallon or a bit less), all stainless steel, with the heating (up to 80°C), which is an important feature as heat makes the products and process much more efficient.

I recall the Crest brand has a double wave or something proprietary ultra sonic technology which is claimed (of course) as more efficient than the usual ultrasonic single wave.

And there is a drain with a tap, which is very useful to replace the bath and to change the  bath type.

Re the products as I am in Switzerland, I do  not know what is commercialy available in the US but it will depend on the application (derusting, cleaning hard particles or degreasing, etc.).

I mostly use a strong degreasing agent, sometimes adding a jewelers acid cleaning stuff, and phosphoric acid also (but in small proportion, to derust), or caustic soda.

No trouble after years of use, and a very useful machine.

To sum up, make sure it is all stainless, heated and with the drain. There are certainly many good brands around.

Be ready to spend in the region $300-500 I would guess, avoid the cheap plastic stuff.

Follow here the Rolls-Royce motto: « The quality remains long after the price has been forgotten ».

The larger size the better of course as you will, as  me, always want to use it for larger parts than it takes as you will find it so useful and efficient!

With kind regards

Alex Camoletti

(family 1959 TR3A rally and hillclimbing prepped)