[Fot] TR-3 race tires and wheels

Terry Stetler tlizzard at msn.com
Wed Jul 27 15:36:46 MDT 2022

Erik,

The ONLY tire I would think of using with wire wheels, and ONLY the 72 spoke Daytons with the heavy spokes, would be the old style, skinny vintage Dunlop bias plys.  Modern, uber sticky radia race rubber like the Hoosier Speedsters is a recipe for trouble.  None of the front running TRs that I know of are running wire wheels.  There are very good reasons for this.

Just my humble opinion after 20 years of taking care of Jeff’s TR3…

Terry Stetler