[Fot] Another radiator question

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 07:36:15 MST 2022

On 1/4/22 11:33 PM, Mark Bradakis via Fot wrote:
> As if there hasn't been enough discussion already.  But I don't think
> anyone has expressed an opinion as to whether crossflow or downflow is
> better. Should be obvious but crossflow the tubes go from side to
> side, downflow top to bottom.

I thought that depended upon the shape of the radiator. The long
direction giving more oppertunity for thermal transfer. Just a guess
mind you. My TR3 aluminum radiator is narrow & has vertical tubes, while
my wider than stock Series II Land Rover has a Griffin radiator with
horizontal tubes.

TeriAnn

--

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*