[Fot] Tire Temp Gauge

Jim Gray toodamnfunky at comcast.net
Thu Sep 16 11:39:24 MDT 2021

I use the longacre temp probe and their 60lb pressure gauge. This may have already been covered but I’ll just say it.

A cheap pressure gauge that reads beyond 60 lbs can have a + or – of 5lbs which as you know by now is huge.

I also send that gauge back to longacre every two seasons for calibration. With a gauge that only reads to 60 you can pressurize fairly accurately to 1/2PSI. I use the hoosier SM7’s in Colorado and they are sensitive to pressure and tire temp.

After several years of using them I have a pretty good feel how to get them in the window for a good quali lap.

Get a good pressure gauge.

jim g