[Fot] Pure Water in the crankcase catch can

Philip Gott vfracing at aol.com
Wed Sep 15 10:32:03 MDT 2021

Got it!
Yes, it was a challenge, but the Ken Knight solution worked well.
1) ensure no filings can reach other parts of the engine
2) drill out the center of the plug big enough to fit a hack saw blade into it.
3) cut the plug into thirds, more or less, like a pizza. Cut to the cast iron threads, but not into them.
4) use a flat punch to knock one of the sections out.
5) fold the other two sections together with the punch. At this point it should either screw out or can be removed with a pair of pliers.
6) use heavy grease on a screw driver to get the aluminum pieces and filings out of the cooling system.
Thanks everyone, especially Ken, for your suggestions!
Phil Gott

Sent from my iPhone