[Fot] Pure Water in the crankcase catch can

Philip Gott vfracing at aol.com
Sun Sep 12 20:29:38 MDT 2021

This weekend at the Glen my engine pumped about 6 oz of pure water ( not the expected oil-water milkshake mixture) into the catch can in a 20 minute session. I had to top up the coolant a similar amount.
This is unusual due to the purity of the water.  It was clear.
I am running Driven XP3 oil. Not running anti freeze, just water wetter.
What could be the cause? Anyone have similar experience?
I’m thinking the aluminum plug in the head in the rocker arm area could be at fault. That could send water almost immediately out the vent in the rocker cover before it mixed with oil in the crankcase. Plausible?
Will run a cooling system pressure test tomorrow.
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks,
Phil Gott

Sent from my iPhone