[Fot] FoT New Member Proposal

ralph hansen quikrx at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 16:43:34 MDT 2021

 I'll second -
    On Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 04:37:52 PM CDT, James J Dolan via Fot <fot at autox.team.net> wrote:

Friends of Triumph,

I would like to propose three members to the Friends of Triumph.

All are avid Triumph vintage racers and have competed in previous Kastner Cup events in Triumph GT6’s.

Full disclosure - I also raised these guys from birth and endured years of their high school antics.

These men are proven drivers, carry SCCA, SVRA, VMC and FIA racing licenses and have incident free records over their racing careers.

They are skilled and competitive drivers who in my years racing with them have always demonstrated good sportsmanship first and foremost.

The candidates are:

Brian P. Dolan - owns and drives the former Bobby Whitehead GT6 MkII. Brian took his racing school with Panoz at Road Atlanta and has competed in PVGP events for the past 12+ years. Brian has competed in two Kastner Cup events (PVGP and Mid Ohio) He also drives a 1967 Tans Am Mustang in SVRA Group 6. He resides in Pittsburgh PA

Peter J. Dolan – Pete took his racing school with Panoz at Road Atlanta. Drives the Kastner Brophy GT6 in PVGP, VRG, VSCCA events and has competed in 3 Kastner Cup events (Blackhawk, PVGP, Mid Ohio). Pete also races a 1965 Shelby GT350 in SVRA and HSR events where he is a consistent podium finisher. He resides in Austin TX.

Charles D. Dolan – Charlie took his racing school with Barber at Sebring. He drives a ‘72 GT6 and has competed in previous Kastner Cup events (PVGP and Mid Ohio). Charlie also drives a ‘57 MGA and has piloted the MGA to 1st place finishes in the PVGP in Schenley Park the past 3 years. Charlie also drives a 1965 Shelby GT350 in SVRA and HSR events.

They knew and admired Kas and respected him like an honorary grandfather. And of course, Kas told them what they were doing wrong with a wrench or a race car.

I can attest to these three gentleman for their character, racing competence and passion for Triumph racing.

I recommend these men for admission to the FoT.

JJD

Jim Dolan

fot at autox.team.net