[Fot] Fw: Early TR Starters

jeffreykelley at charter.net jeffreykelley at charter.net
Sat May 1 17:20:45 MDT 2021

 Attached is the starter section of the TR Service manual. In the
earliest starters they used a left hand threaded nut as the locating
nut (pictured in Fig. 19-G) and it was replaced in later models with a
locating washer held in place by a Circlip. The two different
armatures are interchangeable as a unit. It is hard to tell from the
pictures but it looks like you have the later design and the clip has
been removed. If this is true then it should slide apart giving you
access to the rubber shock bushing which probably needs to be changed.
  Jeff Kelley