[Fot] Pinion bearing on GT6

Ronnie Babbitt ronnie.babbitt at gmail.com
Wed May 19 08:32:44 MDT 2021

I had planned to change the pinion seals on my diff while I have it out. I removed the front support bracket and removed the nut along with the front pinion seal. With the seal out of the case I have this movement. When assembled,I did not notice any movement. Is this normal movement with no seal in place?  Are the pinion bearings cone shaped? If so would this allow for movement?

The gear set looks absolutely remarkablea, no scoring or wear. The bearing spins freely. This is a GT6/ Late Spit diff used in my sports six.