[Fot] Rebuild

Rod Pierce rpierce141 at gmail.com
Sun May 2 05:57:59 MDT 2021

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member and new to racing Spitfires.  In fact, my first
experience with racing, competition school in Waterford MI, didn't  end
well for my engine (see attachment).

I am planning to rebuild an extra small journal 1300 and I am requesting
advise from the very knowledgeable people on this site.  I have all the
spare engine parts I could ever need and a great machine shop near by so
mainly I am interested on advice on where to buy parts( pistons, rods
,rings etc..).

There are many sources on the internet but since I have never built one of
these before I am interested in your input.

Also, while I'm at it, I would like to improve my transmission and
rearend.  I am open to anything from minor improvement to a complete swap
of my transmission or rearend.

Thanks for you help.

  engine.jpg
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/14_TgnXZojdxnO4GKhupaHnZitL41CR8i/view?usp=drivesdk>