[Fot] Used / dated racing belts

Rocky Entriken rocky at spitfire4.com
Thu Jun 3 16:38:26 MDT 2021

IMHO, depends on whom it's sold to. As in, what are the rules of the
activity your buyer intends?

I have sold outdated racing harnesses to autocrossers, rules for which have
no expiration dates. The harness is still dated (don't take the tag off!).
If the guy tries to take it racing, a tech inspector will (should) check it.
Caveat emptor! Many times the autocrosser just wants to "update" from the
car's OEM belts.

FWIW, I went racing (SCCA) in 1977-80. Then "life" intruded and I didn’t
race again until 1995. I autocrossed that whole time using belts dated 1977.
Had to buy new ones in '95, and every three years after that.

--Rocky Entriken