[Fot] Anyone Building Headers?

Jack Wheeler jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 15 11:54:37 MST 2021

Anyone interested in making their own headers?  When I was racing the TR-4, I used headers from a company called York.  I think they were in Pennsylvania, and they worked well.  A few years ago, my thoughts about making headers from scratch changed.  I had a friend build a set of headers for my Factory Five Cobra with a 351 Cleveland bored & stroked to 392.  They were beautiful.  He used stainless steel tubing and maintained the diameter of the tubing through the bends.  I took them up and had them powder coated and they looked as good as any professionally built headers.
Anyway, I found a set of header plates (the plates that bolt up to the cylinder head) for a 4 cylinder TR high port cylinder head.  These appear to be very good quality.  The exhaust ports have tubing coming out about 2" from the plates.  The welds are very professional, and look like they would line up well with the ports on a competition head.
I'll attach one photo to this email and will send another photo separately (I've had trouble sending more than one photo at a time).
If anyone is interested in these plates, let me know.  They are free, just pay the shipping.
Thanks,
Jack