[Fot] Cam Bearings - TR6

Scott Janzen sjanzen at me.com
Tue Feb 9 08:32:48 MST 2021

while we are on the topic, I’m rebuilding a street tr6 engine with some of the usual upgrades - high performance cam, increased compression to about 10:1, mildly ported head, balanced rotating assembly, lightened, shot peened conrods, Goodparts vibration damper, aluminum flywheel, lighter pistons, triple webers, 1.55 roller rockers.  The cam is still running in the iron block - no cam bearings.  All my GT6 race engines have been modified for bearings.  Any real benefit to doing this for a street car or should I just leave it alone?

Scott Janzen