[Fot] More Free Stuff

Jack Wheeler jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 6 13:52:21 MST 2021

When Paul Trapp did some very significant dyno work for me years ago, he set up a special cam gear, which we could use to vary cam timing between dyno runs, without having to tear down the front end of the engine.  Basically, he elongated the bolt holes so we could change the cam timing by just loosening the bolts, moving the gear to the desired timing and tightening the bolts.  I no longer have need for this modified cam gear, and would be happy to give it to someone who can use it during their dyno runs.  I did not use this gear in a race engine (just on the dyno).
With only this gear, you would still have to remove the timing cover to change the timing.  So, Paul also made me a modified timing cover (currently listed on Ebay) with an access hole over the timing gear bolts and a 6 bolt cover over the access hole.  To do this, he had to weld a ring on the inside of the cover and drill & tap it for the cover bolts to screw into.  A rather complicated, but very professional job.
I'm not going to give this modified valve cover away, because of the effort that went into the modification.  However, I don't know of anyone else who has made this kind of a modification.  If you want to do multiple dyno runs and try various cam timing settings in a single day, this combination will help you do it.  If you just want the cam gear, let me know and I will ship it to you.  If you are interested in both the gear and the modified timing cover, let me know, and I will work with you on a package price.  I'd like to see someone get these, who can put them to use again.
.Best regards.
Jack