[Fot] Leather Conditioning

hankgiffin hankgiffin at cox.net
Sat Mar 21 16:42:48 MDT 2020

Jack, I used Leatherique on my 65 Morgan abt 2 years ago and Claussens kit on MY 38 MGVA a while ago (I think they went out of business but the same products as Leatherique).  Order extra conditioner.  It is amazing.  Just keep soaking the leather.  It softens cardboard-like leather.  You won't believe how nice it comes out.     I've tried a bunch of other leather treatments.  Most are made for modern cars, not 50 year old dried out seats.       Take care, HankSent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Jack Wheeler via Fot <fot at autox.team.net> Date: 3/21/20  13:58  (GMT-05:00) To: FOT List <fot at autox.team.net> Subject: [Fot] Leather Conditioning Does anyone out there have a good recommendation for a product to use for restoring old leather?  I recently purchased a 50+ year old car, and while the leather appears to be in good shape, when you touch it, it feels like cardboard.  Specifically, the shift boot and the seats.  I'm looking for a product that will bring back the soft leather feel.  Anyone have any experience?  Thanks.Jack