[Fot] Main brg strap

Bob Kramer rkramer56 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 07:37:48 MST 2020

Crack at the rear head bolt?  If you are talking about the threads that
hold in the head stud I once had a block that was good other than one
corner stud hole having a crack that radiated into the liner opening. Cause
the head to move around at that corner and resulted in head gasket
problems. It was corrected with the Timesert, basically a threaded insert
style of thread replacement.  The machine shop that did it pinned in place
with wedges and that required a little JB Weld to keep the water in check.

Bob Kramer