[Fot] Mk 1 swing spring

ralph hansen quikrx at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 4 07:43:55 MST 2020

 swing springs do not require longer axles, that was a change they made a few years after the swing spring was added - my race Spit was updated to a swing spring, I also added the compensator back on after an event, car was much better - ran a compensator on my street Spit with the original early spring (same setup as GT6) - I personally am not a fan of the swing spring, they help but you end up with more roll n the rear (they're softer)
RalphApex2Apex Motorsports

    On Thursday, December 3, 2020, 10:02:30 PM CST, Mark J Bradakis via Fot <fot at autox.team.net> wrote:

 On 12/3/20 11:53 AM, Dennis Walje via Fot wrote:
> Merry Christmas to all.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with a “swing spring” upgrade for a Mk 1 GT6?  (Non roto-flex)
>
> I am looking for best way to deal with rear camber extremes on my 68 GT6. The rear suspension at completely stock at this time.
>
> Any ideas on what is best?  I found a part number in the Kastner performance manual but cannot locate retailer.
>
> How about a camber compensator?  Rear spring is original, so probably due to replace.

As I recall the later style swing spring requires longer axles.

mjb.

fot at autox.team.net