[Fot] Charlie Kates and his TR4 BAT vs GATOR

R. John Lye rjl at gt-classics.com
Mon Sep 30 14:20:07 MDT 2019

There was one time when my wife was picking me up from work, and Ken called
me right before she was supposed to pick me up.  Anyway, as I recall, the conversation
lasted over an hour, and she was furious.  And then, Ken called the house (back when
we still had a land line), and she understood...

John

On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 14:12:52 -0600, Mark J Bradakis via Fot <fot at autox.team.net> wrote:

On 9/30/19 9:16 AM, Bill Dentinger via Fot wrote:
> Bruce...
>
> All these names sure bring back memories.
>
> Ken Gillanders was a Piece of Work (meant as a complimentary
> description!)  Ken's original Claim to Fame was drag racing his TR2
> against Corvettes (handicapped) in the early 1950s.  And it was a
> Champion too.  No one was more enthusiastic about TRIUMPH than Ken.
> If I remember correctly, he was a local politician (Orange County,
> CA?), and like all politicians, he was verbose (chatty).  He could and
> would...talk your arm off.

I called him some years ago with what I thought was a simple yes or no
question.  I believe that call lasted over 45 minutes.

mjb.

fot at autox.team.net