[Fot] tourist stuff around mid-ohio kastner cup

Brian Schirano bschirano1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 04:24:12 MDT 2019

Hello Terry and FOT'rs

Bit late on the reply, but I think you have some time to plan.  I live in
Rochester NY, probably mid way between Niagara Falls and Watkins Glen.
Other than registering for the Kastner Cup I have not made plans as yet,

If you do take the long route via Watkins Glen, depending on your route,
there are over a hundred wineries in the Finger Lakes and likely some on
whatever route you take.
http://www.fingerlakeswinecountry.com/media/fast-fact/

And at the Glen you should be able to take a couple laps behind a pace car
depending on your timing
https://www.theglen.com/Guest-Information/Drive-The-Glen.aspx

If you'd like to walk off some calories, there is the Watkins Glen State
Park, https://parks.ny.gov/parks/142/, excellent gorge trail and not too
strenuous, nor special gear required. (I once saw a bus of tourists
visiting the trail, some in high heels!)

Let me know if you come this way and I'm sure I can give more advice or
meet.

Best
Brian
+1-585-305-0349