[Fot] fuel pressure gauges with isolators

Phil Gott vfracing at aol.com
Fri Mar 1 06:00:04 MST 2019

An isolator is a device that sends the pressure signal to the gage using a different fluid (diethyl ether or more commonly propylene glycol). If the gauge fails, the fluid that gets sprayed into the passenger compartment is minimal and non flammable. The isolator normally sits in the engine bay.  That way the number of fittings in the fuel line within the passenger compartment is minimal. Should be zero imho.

This is a low pressure isolator (0-15 psi). Gauge line goes out the back side through the firewall.  For fuel injection systems there are high pressure isolators available.  An alternative is to use an electric gauge with sender under the hood.
Phil Gott
Sent from my iPhone