[Fot] mixed tire sizes

Scott Janzen sjanzen at me.com
Tue Aug 27 19:37:57 MDT 2019

my experience with the GT6 is that the front tires do much more work than the rears in many respects.  They wear faster, get hotter, need lower tire pressures to start to be equal at the end of the session with the rears.
I don’t see any benefit to running wider tires just in the rear - this car is nose heavy and the front brakes do most of the work.  I’d get the front fenders worked a bit to accommodate the larger tires - I found the same thing, that the R888Rs are slightly bigger than the old Toyos, and had to get a little clearance work done.
I think you are short changing yourself with the 185s.  You’ll find that the car will understeer more.  Not that larger tires in the rear will hurt you, but smaller tires in the front will hurt.  If you correct for it so the car is balanced, my guess is the car will be slower overall.

Just my 2 cents.