[Fot] Fw: Mixing tire sizes?

Robert Lang robertlangtr6 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 14:36:39 MDT 2019

 Hi Brian - The size difference will change the handling a bit but you can "tune" the difference back to more neutral, if you want. My guess is that you'd introduce some understeer with the smaller contact patch in the front.
What about running 185's all the way around?

I guess the big thing for most of us is whether you want to carry more spare tires / wheels in case you have a problem over the course of a weekend. If all four corners are the same, a pair of spares should be all you need. If you have different sizes front and back you pretty much need four spare tire / wheels... not that I ever argued this endlessly with a certain car owner who just never seemed to get the "KISS" principle. WE spend over $5k on tires for one autox season back around '07. That was not smart (or simple).

Personally, I like having the option to switch back to front or to swap in another pair of tires at one end or the other to fix handling issues.
My tuppence.
c ya,Bob Lang