[Fot] GT6 engine with "special" on the block?

Terry O’Beirne tobeirne at skillpro.com.au
Sun Aug 25 16:06:15 MDT 2019

I have never seen a block marked “special” in +40 years of working on them

Yes, the bulges were for clearance and stiffening in the later 2500. Both TR and Saloon got this change , post 1972 I recall when they started using the O ring type head gasket

The earlier 2500 blocks both TR5/TR6 and 2500 Saloon, were all flat sided.

Ive seen post 72 2000 engines with flat sides, so maybe there was not a clean changeover date

Terry