[Fot] Spitfire 1300 Valve Springs

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Sat Aug 24 09:43:12 MDT 2019

On 8/24/19 9:28 AM, Brad Eells via Fot wrote:
> Hello Amici,
>
> Wondering if anyone knows a ready source for 1300 valve springs. I'm
> running a Kastner A10a cam.
>
> I've been working with Ted Schumacher but we're having trouble finding
> the correct diameter springs for old school competition accessory
> alloy valve keepers.
>
> Does anyone have a ready source for a spring set?

Boy, I am definitely rusty, away from the game for too long. Trying to
remember if the early 1300 has the same valve springs as the late 1300
and TR6.  TriumphTune in England comes to mind as a source for springs,
as I recall, I may even have a set of something gathering dust on a
shelf somewhere in my basement. I'll have to remember to try and dig
them out, get some measurements.

mjb.