[Fot] Diff lube

van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be
Thu Aug 15 04:11:41 MDT 2019

In 17 years racing I had a share of (limited slip) differential problems of course, but I couldn't blame the oil. I used some blands and in the end I decided for Castrol Syntrax Limited Slip 75W-140 for Salisbury type limited slip devices because this oil promises to cause less friction. It is recommended for BMW LS diffs and NissanGTR. When it is good enough for them, it must be good enough for our Triumphs. Although this oil is to GL5 specification, I wonder if this is a reason not to use it. GL5 and GL4 oils have the same sort of additives, only GL5 has the 'bad' additives in a higher concentration than GL4. And also, the salisbury (quaife) limited slip parts are all steel I believe?
Marcel