[Fot] FW: Invitation: 8th Annual Fox Valley Gearheads Movie Night- Dec. 13

Barr, Scott sbarr at McCarty-Law.com
Mon Nov 12 10:37:53 MST 2018

Gosh, I wouldn’t know about those sorts of things.  Apples, I mean.

But you’re right about Lake Butte des Morts.  One of the fun things about Wisconsin is listening to non-locals try to pronounce the weird collection of French and Indian names for things.  This Northeast part of Wisconsin was starting to be settled around 1630-1640 in order to further the French fur trade.

I’ll have to look into the titty bar question.  It probably IS a subdivision now.

From: Bill Dentinger <billdentin at aol.com>
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2018 10:44 AM
To: Barr, Scott <sbarr at McCarty-Law.com>; fot at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] FW: Invitation: 8th Annual Fox Valley Gearheads Movie Night- Dec. 13

Scott:

Right.  And isn't there still a Titty Bar on Hwy. 21, just west of Hwy. 41 in Oshkosh (Bi Gosh).

I, of course, have never been there, but I used to notice this place when I would stop to buy apples at the Orchard Market across the street on our way to our cabin on Mount Morris Lake near Red Granite.  And if you decide to go, know that the big shallow body of water to the North is Lake Butte des Morts.  But it is pronounced "Beautymore".  I only mention it because the natives are going to laugh at you if you pronounce it the way it is spelled when you're buying apples.

Bill Dentinger

PS  Come to think of it, that was 1974.  Those places are probably closed now.  It's probably a subdivision. Never mind.