[Fot] Fwd: free entry into the Triumph race at the Glen?

Brian Garcia cudapilot at comcast.net
Fri Nov 2 05:05:57 MDT 2018

I’m not sure I understand all of the suspicion surrounding this.  Members have already talked to SVRA and Rick, an SVRA staff member, has confirmed that information to the list.  Further, several have already registered and confirmed that their entry fee was, in fact, $100.  If there are Triumph racers out there that aren’t on FOT they will undoubtably see SVRA 2019 schedule in magazines in the upcoming months and all the info was on their website the day it was announced.  SVRA is trying this with a different marque at every race this year.  As someone that has organized events in the past I think it is a cool strategy. Are they doing it to increase car counts?  Of course - why else would you offer any incentive for any race your holding?  My guess is that they are looking at these feature discounts as a loss leader hoping to pick up repeat entries in the future if they can put on a good event and make it an experience that a driver wants to repeat.  Nothing nefarious about that.

For what it’s worth they had another promotion tying a free test day ($325 value for most of their events) to an earlybird entry for 2019.  I did it.  They added a test day for free.  Just as advertised.

In summation - if you were at all considering running Watkins Glen they have offered an awesome experience to do so.  If you weren’t that’s cool too.  I have no affiliation to SVRA - in fact next year will be the first time I have run with them since 2015. I’m just a guy that loves vintage racing and loves a good deal.  There are shortages of many things in this world.  Good news and discounts on anything race-related are certainly among them.  Be willing to accept them on the rare occasion that they come along :)

Just my $.02

Brian

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message: