[Fot] SU needles bent ???

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Wed Nov 14 13:24:48 MST 2018

I’m working on some HS4 SU carbs and upon looking at the needles I rolled them on a flat surface much like you’d do a pool cue to see if it’s straight. They do not roll flat and look like they are bent.  Shouldn’t they be perfectly straight?

Also the only stamping I could make out is a #3. I was expecting to see and AN or a DD stamp but these weren’t original to my Spitfire (came off a old mini cooper) so they could be both wrong and bent. Anyone know an appropriate leaner needle (for Denver) for Spitfire HS6 Su carbs?

Thanks
Bud