[Fot] quench clearance

fubog1 fubog1 at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 12:46:52 MDT 2018

 If you have good race rods and all of the clearances are to spec, you could pop it up a few thou but I wouldn't go any less than .030.
Yes you can run it a little tighter but that's the point where there won't be any carbon buildup on top of the piston, and all it takes is a missed-shift to turn it into junk.

Considering that the gasket may compress a few thou, depending on what gasket you're using, you'll likely be fine with 0-deck, as you're planning.
Glen