[Fot] Kastner Cup event at PVGP

James J Dolan jdolan at voyagerhldgs.com
Wed Jul 4 05:24:02 MDT 2018

All,
Happy 4th of July.

Regarding the weather:
Weather has been very warm here in Western PA this week.
Forecast is for weather to break Thurs/Fri into 10 degree cooler – the mid 80’s.
My guess is there is possible wet conditions on Thursday Test Day for some portion and possible Friday morning.
Weekend is expected to be dry in mid 80’s.
I have paid the weather gods as much as I could – I am very optimistic we will have good weather.

Regarding Showers:
There are clean showers and bathrooms at PittRace. One set near our Kastner Cup Tent, one up the hill at the Event Center. Event Center and Driver meeting Tower building are airconditioned with plenty of room and seating for you to get out of the heat if you need a break.

Hotels:
There are still rooms available at the Comfort Inn in Cranberry, our host hotel.

Set up & Arrivals:
Track opens at 3 PM today to set up. You can enter the facility after 3:00 pm on Wednesday, July 4.
Gates close at 10:00 PM – No Exceptions as this is a holiday.
On Thursday, July 5 gates are open daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm.
There is a security guard making rounds after 10:00 pm, who can let you in or out if you are camping. Security guard cell phone is 724-350-4273.
We have a large tented area off the large paved paddock field.
There will be 11x17 signs directing to Triumph Display area.
[cid:image001.png at 01D41367.FA626A60]

Our paddock area and tent will be to the right of the display area.

[cid:image002.png at 01D41367.FA626A60]

We have a specific are designated for Kastner Cup paddock surrounding the grass section marked in the photo. If you are confused as to location, ASK someone.
Electrical power is all pre sold and fully taken as of last evening, I checked again last evening.

Friday Night:
Driver reception for drivers and their crew at Pitt Race Conference Center. 6:00 pm- 7:30 pm Friday night.

Saturday night:
6.00 pm in tent beside the garages is a reception for all. This will follow the Awarding of the Kastner Cup. You Racer entry includes meals for driver and two crew member (3 total).  For additional dinners, PVGP please make a donation (recommended $20 per person) at the entrance, the money goes to charity.

Crew passes:
Two crew included, along with driver with each race entry. Crew must check in on Thursday or Friday and receive wrist band for entry. If crew member does not have wrist band they will be charged $15 per day at gate.

General info:
http://www.pvgp.org/pirc-info/ has most of the info you could ever want. The PVGP web site is huge and full of everything about the event.

If you have problems my cell phone is 412.638.1776,. I will be at track today from 2PM to 5PM July 4th, and all other days after 7:00 AM.

Safe travels and safe racing.

Jim