[Fot] TR6 Manifold

van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be
Fri Dec 28 12:55:44 MST 2018

I've this very same manifold on my race TR6 that I bought recently from a friend. It has 45 Weber DCOE's on it and I closed off the balance pipes because I thought it is running better in that way, but now I think it is is any better to close this balance pipes. It is probably better to to have open balance pipes, especially for idle and low rev's.
40 DCOE can be very well tuned for a street car, even with standard or fast road cam, but be prepared for some (engine) dyno time : finding out the right venturi's, jets...is not easy. Tuning Webers for a street car is more complicated for a street car than for a race car, but on the other side : Webers stay tuned once you get it right. I once had a road TR6 with overdrive, a fast road cam and HS6 SU's : that was a joy to drive, in town and on highways. I think it had some125 Bhp.
Marcel