[Fot] Was: Oil Cooler or Oil filter first? Now how to ID flow out the adapter?

Mike Harmuth ofracer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 06:17:19 MST 2018

Hi Bud, your oil adapter looks just like the one that originally came with
my spit engine. Mine is plumbed with a Tee on the center fitting, not the
outer one, so the returning, cooled and filtered oil goes to the engine.
Incoming oil from the accusump dumps directly into the engine, not the
filter / cooling circuit.

 I found this diagram and description on line from "All about Oil Filters"

mike h

The oil enters the oil filter under pressure through the holes on the
perimeter of the base plate.

The "*dirty*" oil then passes through the filter media where it is "
*cleaned*".
It then flows through the central tube and back into the engine oil
passages through the usually threaded hollow center mounting stud.

[image: Oil Filter Cross Section] [image: Oil Filter Cross Section]