[Fot] Early Block

dustin nicholson nicholsondustin at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 09:33:36 MST 2018

 Hi Joe,

I could be interested in your TR2 block and any other drive train bits that go with it.
I have the very sad hulk of TS 1037LO (TR2 long door square tail lights) including the frame, very rough body panels, and a few random bits.  I do not have the tub or drive train.  I have records indicating that the engine was TS 1233E.  My step-dad took possession of this car in 1992 as well as a complete but disassembled slightly newer TR2 TS 3381LO (long door).  The older car was obviously considered beyond restoration and most of the parts were sold by a previous owner.  Our purchase included very little of the older car but a year later we answered a classified add that turned out to be the rest of our car!  Except that the drive train had been "sold to some guy in California".  Last year I decided to start a search for the missing drive train and actually found it.  It's been rebuilt and put into the beautifully restored very early TR2 TS 281L.  It's a well known "olive" yellow car with kind of an odd raspberry colored interior, it's been in magazines so you may have seen it.
Needless to say I don't expect to ever be able to reunite the car with the drive train so I've been expecting to use a TR3 donor to complete my TS 1037LO... but your TS 1362E engine would be even better as it's only 129 units later than my lost engine.
Please reach out to me directly if you are interested in selling it.  I replied all as I thought some of you folks might enjoy the story.  I've also traced the lineage of the newer TR2, I've found 4 previous owners back to 1962 including a guy who said he learned to drive in the car as a teenager in the 60's.  I also found the guy that started restoring it in the 80's and had to break the news to him that zero progress has been made on it since then... but I have ambitious plans!
Dusty Nicholson