[Fot] Early Block

Jack Wheeler jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 09:14:17 MST 2018

 Hi Joe.  I have the block from my TR-2, which had no cam bearings.  I am using a later block in the car because I wanted cam bearings.  It is a late TR-2, block number is 7257.  While it does not have cam bearings, or holes for the retaining bolts, I believe they anticipated adding cam bearings at some time, as the bosses for the holes for the retaining bolts are cast into the block.  I don't know if this is true of all TR-2 blocks, but it certainly made it easier when they added cam bearings.  No changes were required to the block casting, only the machining was different.  Interesting history.
Jack

    On Friday, November 30, 2018, 4:56:40 PM EST, Joe Alexander via Fot <fot at autox.team.net> wrote:

 Kas and All.

Sean was stripping a block and noticed that there were no Cam Bearing Retainer Hardware. And the center web bridged the width of the block and was machined.

> TS1362E

Clearly, running design changes for a reason. Any insights on this?

fot at autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot