[Fot] Ignition Coil ??

robertten1 at aol.com robertten1 at aol.com
Mon Aug 20 19:50:31 MDT 2018

Amici,

So this weekend I believe my 2 year old coil crapped out, last run at Saturdays autocross there was sputtering and backfire.  At home barely could get the car off the trailer and into the garage.  Similar symptoms from couple years ago and found 20 year old E-Coil decided to retire.  So my question is -  what is the popular coil in use by my brethren ?

Currently an Epoxy Pertronix black coil, with Ballast Resistor, in a Spitfire with a 1500 engine 11 to 1 comp and a Mallory Dual Point Distributor.

Curious,

Bob T