[Fot] Supplier for Brake shoes for TR4

Barry Munson barry at penybryn.ca
Wed Oct 18 18:52:43 MDT 2017

Hi Tim - I've been using the competition shoes from Racetorations which are
riveted only at the ends of the shoe and I had one completely disintegrate
the last time out. The lining broke in the center of the shoe where it was
not riveted. My backup set are from Ted Schumacher and those are riveted the
entire length of the shoe. Even though the linings were a different compound
from the pads that I'm using there were absolutely no braking issues during
the event after the switch.

I really like the Porterfield R4 competition compound and that is available
for both the TR4 pad and shoe. The shoe lining is riveted but you have to
supply the core.

Barry.