[Fot] TR4 Race Flywheel, Presure Plate and Disk Question

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Thu Mar 23 21:49:17 MDT 2017

Most folks seem to do a Fidanza aluminum flywheel.  Joe had a set of
steel ones similar to what's sold by Cambridge made a while back,
weighs the same and doesn't have the tendency to come loose from the
crank like the alloy ones do.  Looks like this but for a TR4:
http://www.cambridgemotorsport.com/partsxx/cm6953

I use a diaphragm pressure plate like you describe with a heavy duty
clutch disk.

The annular hydraulic throwout bearing is cool, but if you have any
kind of failure you have to pull the tranny.  For that reason I
converted from a very cool setup like that back to stock - so if the
slave cylinder went out I had half a chance of fixing it at the track.

Regards, Tony Drews