[Fot] Victory Lane, April 2017

billdentin at aol.com billdentin at aol.com
Wed Mar 29 14:10:12 MDT 2017

Amici...

For those of you who are subscribers to Victory Lane, the April 2017 issue arrive in my mail yesterday afternoon.  Page 3 (first page inside facing the front cover) has VSCDA's advertisement for the Blackhawk Vintage Classic, which this year features the 15th running of the Kastner Cup Triumph Race.  Those familiar with Blackhawk Farms Raceway will recognize its iconic front straight dairy farm silo in the background.  The two TRs pictured are a Frog Blue early TR3 and a dark blue TR4 running side by side.  The former is 'Ole Blue'. my old car.  The latter is Bob Wismer's TR4.  Both cars are scheduled to enter the 15th Kastner Cup, and are now owned and driven by Henry Frye and Paul Ricco, respectively.  Brian Garcia did early artwork on this ad/poster, which originally was to feature three 'Beady Eye' TRs, but we had difficultly locating a 3/4 front photo of Don Brick's white TR4.  But not to worry.  Don's car is also scheduled to be entered in the event.  It is currently owned and raced by Ken Suhre.

Bill Dentinger

PS FOT members who ran VARA's Duel in the Desert Spring Mountain event last month at Pahrump, Nevada will be very pleased to see great coverage of the event starting on page 24.  I hope Ken Knight is a subscriber, because there's a fantastic two page wide picture of him chasing down a Bobsy Sports Racer on his way to a First Overall win.  A good portion of the rest of the five page article deals with the incredible ducky wet weather experienced that weekend on Friday and Saturday.  How extra-ordinary.  How often does one experience fifteen foot high Rooster Tails spraying from the open wheel cars when one is 'Dueling in the Desert'.  Extra-ordinary indeed.