[Fot] Crack in block fixable?

robertten1 at aol.com robertten1 at aol.com
Sat Jul 1 10:48:35 MDT 2017

Mike,

Not sure how deep the crack is from the photos but, noticed the hole was not counterbored as mentioned in Factory Prep Manual.  I'm sure Kas will confirm but this procedure is performed help prevent what you see in your engine.  The idea is to pull tightening torque further into the block.
Depending on the crack it may be helpful to perform this procedure now and keep an eye on things.

Best-o-Luck,

Bob T
'63 Spit 4   stock
'64 Spit GT  autocrosser